Polls

Do you love State Testing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Do you believe in Santa?

A hat worn by Santa Claus and people during the Holidays.
Madi C.

The beloved Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas and Father Christmas, has been around for centuries, giving gifts to good kids that have been on the nice list. Many books, shows, songs and movies, (such as Tim Allen’s The Santa Clause), display crazy myths about Santa. When the film’s characters push Santa off a roof and put on his coat, they become the new Santa. This demonstrates just one of the tales out there about Santa.

It’s generally assumed that most kids get presents. Even those that were on the naughty list will receive a gift.. Why? Is it because Santa isn’t real? Do the parents give the gifts? The answers to these questions are mysterious. Perhaps the most important question of all is simple: Do you believe in Santa?

“No, I used to think he was real because my parents didn’t wake up very early, but now I don’t believe it,” said Jason G. “When I was 6 or 7, I did an experiment. I was the first one to wake up. I went downstairs and hid behind the couches. Then, I saw my parents placing the presents.”

Uh-oh. Jason may have had a bad experience with Santa, but that doesn’t mean that he is not real. Maybe he just didn’t come that night.

“I do [believe],” said Tora C. “Ever since I was a little kid, I always knew that he was real. I still believe it because when we were driving home from a party, I saw a red light in the sky and I thought it was Santa. Ever since, I’ve believed.”

These stories from the heart always make Christmas special. Santa sightings and parent involvement are all part of the experience, no matter how traumatizing it may have been for Jason. 

“I already know ‘Santa’ is just my parents. It wouldn’t make sense to [believe] in a guy that [delivers] presents all in one night,” said Emiliano M.

Aww Emiliano, where’s your Christmas spirit? Santa isn’t just about presents and Reindeer games. Santa will forever remain a jolly man who traverses the globe to give presents to children. It remains a fun belief that everybody can participate in.

“I like to tell myself that I do [believe in Santa] because it makes Christmas more fun,” said Parna F. “When I was seven, my dad was asleep on the couch next to the tree and my mom didn’t want to wake him. So, instead of putting the presents by the tree, she put them in the laundry. There was a note by the tree that said the presents were in the laundry. I thought it was Santa. [He] brings a funny idea and a positive look to [Christmas].”