Only the Brave Movie Review

Image credited to wikimeida

Only The Brave is based on the fascinating true story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots.

Ceasar C., Writer

Warning: The following article may contain spoilers

Only The Brave is based on the fascinating true story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots. It displays how through hard work and determination they became one of the most elite firefighting units in the United States. Before being one of America’s best firefighting units, they were just a group of Trainees but with hard work they made the drastic change to Hotshots as well as being known throughout the United States. As most people would get as far away from danger as possible, Brendan McDonough ran towards it. He turned to a job with the Granite Mountain Hotshots in hopes of giving his daughter the best life he could possibly give her. In the end, the group put their lives on the line to help save entire communities of people and accomplished their goal of saving as many people as they possibly could.

Only the Brave was rated 90 percent by critics on the Rotten Tomatoes scale. It was rated 8.1 out of 10 on the IMDb scale The movie is rated PG-13. There is moderate language throughout, but overall would be a great experience for Day Creek students.

In this day and age, few people realize the danger involved in the work that firefighters face on a daily basis. This true story is most definitely worthwhile viewing at a movie theater near you.