Back to the Eras

The drink and popcorn bucket for the new Taylor Swift Era’s Tour movie.
Mad

On Friday, October 13th, iconic star, Taylor Swift released her Eras Tour movie for those who couldn’t go to the concert. The popular movie showcases Taylor Swift singing throughout the Eras. This nearly 3-hour film earned a surprising 99% Rotten Tomatoes score from the critics and the audience agreed with a similar 98%. This is a bit surprising as the critics often score lower than the audience. 

In response to the movie’s success, theaters have been sold out and tickets have been nearly impossible to find. This movie didn’t just appeal to those who’d missed  the concert, but for the people who saw it too. 

“I went to the concert twice and saw the movie on opening day,” said 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Learmont. “I was [also] there for the 1989 announcement [on opening night]. She was [going to be] re-releasing her 1989 album.”

Special events like Swift’s tour, movie and special album announcement have provided Swifties a chance to experience the upbeat feeling, even among friends in a local theater.  

“I could feel the energy through the screen,” said Shivali C. “It was really fun.”

The different Eras she performed included Lover, Fearless, Evermore, Reputation, Speak Now, Red, Folklore, 1989, and Midnights. She also surprised her fans with Our Song.

“[Our Song] is really good, [especially because] I like her country Era,” said Katherine B.

To sustain the enthusiasm, Taylor is limiting her documentary in theaters AMC, Cinemark and Regal until November 5th. Even if you are not a fan, this is a must-watch.

Movie Rating: 5/5