Polls

Do you love State Testing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mahomes, Swift, and a little bit of football

A Day Creek Coyote playing football during Lunch.
Sydney N.

The recent Patrick Mahomes + Taylor Swift craze has brought all sorts of new attention to Mahomes Chiefs team. But football fans on campus really only care about the game’s outcome. 

On Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs played the Buffalo Bills, the sixth meeting between Josh Allen and Mahomes. 

The Bills were off to a great start and held a 14-0 lead early in the game.

But the Chiefs drove 52 yards scoring their first touchdown by Jerick Mckinnon.

But the end of the game was what stood out to football fans as a lot happened in such a little bit of time.

“It was a very exciting end, especially on the play that didn’t count because of the offsides. It was amazing! Travis Kelce caught a ball, ran it, and threw it to another teammate who scored. But he was offsides, so the whole thing got canceled and Patrick Mahomes had meltdown,” said Mr. Henry.

The Bills really needed the win over the Chiefs and they did it, winning 20-17. Chiefs and their fans were upset and disappointed by the loss.

“I felt really disappointed [in the Chiefs]. They could’ve done better,” said Kain M.

As interesting as the game was, drama occurred off the field too, as the announcer of the game mistakenly called Taylor Swift the wife of Travis Kelce instead of his girlfriend.

“As you can see, Kelce’s wife, Taylor Swift, in the audience. Er, I’m sorry. girlfriend!” said Tony Romo, the commentator of the game.

Another dramatic scene occurred when Mahomes lost it after the Bills won. Mahomes slammed his helmet down to the ground and began yelling at the referee. He was so aggressive that his teammates had to hold him back.

“We played our [butts] off and you call offensive offsides! Wildest call I’ve ever seen. Offensive offsides on that play, man. [Really] terrible,” Mahomes said in response to the call.

In the end, beyond the Kelce/Swift drama and the score, both teams played hard. Bills’ fans were happy about the win while Chiefs fans felt disappointed. 

“I think the main reason the Chiefs lost was the penalties towards the end [of the game]. Surprisingly, both teams aren’t playing as good as they were this season, [but] there’s still a lot [of time] left [for a comeback this season].” said David C.