Halloween Bash

Sabrina V., Cami M., and Emily R.

The Halloween Bash is an event that sixth, seventh, and eighth graders come together and celebrate Halloween. There are  activities such as making a trick or treat bag, playing arcade basketball, eating pizza, a Cookie Walk, bobbing for donuts, Phantom Toss, Witching Toss, Fear Factor Jelly Belly Challenge, and even a haunted house.

“It’s fun to watch you guys go through and have fun and scream and laugh, and so when I see laughing and having a good time, it’s kind of like teaching in different ways. It’s fun to see you outside the classroom and having fun, being scared, and all that stuff,” said Mr. Brubaker.

Many kids seemed to have enjoyed the activities. The most popular one was the haunted house. Those who ran the haunted house were either volunteer teachers or students in leadership.

“Most of leadership does it; it is a really fun activity. I had a lot of fun doing it and scaring people,” said Marley Z., an eighth-grade leadership member.  

At the Fear Factor, the objective for students was to put a hand in a box and feel strange objects. In the Jelly Belly Challenge, students were handed a jelly bean with a 50/50 chance of a good or bad flavor. In Witching Toss, glow stick necklaces were flung at witch hats. At Phantom toss, a Swedish Fish was thrown in mini cauldron filled with a liquid. As participants succeeded, prizes were given.

After all of the screams and laughter at the Halloween Bash, many DCIS students look forward to the event next year.