Cal Poly Field Trip

Mrs. Kuramata hosts the Cal Poly field trip to encourage kids to attend a college in the future.

image credited to Montana L.

image credited to Montana L.

Elena C., Hailey M., and Amy Z.

Students everywhere, everyday, ask themselves one very simple yet life-changing question: Will I ever go to college?

Mrs. Kuramata, our school’s student activities director, is working to help Day Creek’s students answer that question. On Thursday, February 23, 36 of her students went on a field trip to Cal Poly Pomona.

“I want the kids to know that no matter what their grades are, they have a chance to go,” said Mrs. Kuramata.

The opportunity began after a conversation between a staff member at Cal Poly and Day Creek’s assistant principal, Mr. Apodaca.

“[Our connection] was able to personalize our own field trip.  She gives us access to the residence hall, the gym, the rock climbing wall, the student union, the library [and more],” said Mrs. Kuramata.

With such a small group of students, everyone will have a personal, one-on-one experience. They’ll even get to work with some of the current students in one of the campus’ lecture halls. Finally, students will enjoy something that may motivate everyone to think about the college experience: Cal Poly’s unlimited buffet.

With this trip, Mrs. Kuramata hopes to be able to show her students how exciting college can really be, and get them motivated to go to a university in the future.

“In their minds, they’re just thinking, more school, more work,” said Mrs. Kuramata.

This year, she hopes to encourage not only her students, but everyone, to think of college as a potentially great experience.

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

Soon-To-Be Scrubs Orientation

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

Alice In Wonderland Jr. Play

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

Lincoln Shrine Field Trip

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

Cal Poly Field Trip: Did It Help?

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

Family Fitness Fun Night

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

The New Day Creek Principal

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

What Is Measure I?

• School News

E3 Fun Run Stop-Motion

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

Remembering 9/11

• Cal Poly Field Trip

School News

UCLA’s Sugar Study

Cal Poly Field Trip