What Day Creek Students Think About Valentine’s Day

Valentines+Day%3A+the+day+dedicated+to+love+but+not+everyone+feels+the+same+about+the+holiday.+

Image credited to Blogspot

Valentine’s Day: the day dedicated to love but not everyone feels the same about the holiday.

Maleehah H. and Dylan R.

Valentine’s day. One of the few among 365 days that are associated with romance, flowers, candy or any other sweet thing. People often give those who are close to them items to show their affection. Many people have mixed opinions of this sweet holiday – some hate it, while others love the idea of love (ahh…the irony).

”I don’t like (Valentine’s Day) that much,” said Bruce N., “I think it’s okay (if students ask other students if they will be there Valentine). I, of course, would not do that. I think you shouldn’t date in middle school because it’s not ‘true love’ as some people say.”

Although it is a holiday of love, some people like Bruce might not love Valentine’s day.

Seth L., an 8th grader, doesn’t find Valentine’s Day exciting or boring. “Staying at home (is what I do on Valentine’s Day). I think it is good to show who your likes and dislikes are, and showing that you (like someone),” he said.

On the other hand, the stereotype is that girls have different ideas about Valentine’s Day.

”I think Valentine’s Day is a special way to express love to another,” said Adrian G., an eighth-grader on campus. “It symbolizes all the good in the world. (Just) show it in a respectful way.”

That’s a great thought, as Valentine’s day is a way to demonstrate appreciation for others. Many people around the globe believe that Valentine’s Day is not just a day to give candy to a significant other, but an opportunity to show that you authentically care for them.

“Valentine’s Day is a day where you show your love for someone that is special to you.,”seventh-grader Vivian T. said,”(Valentines are) a way you would express how you feel for someone.”

Whether you’re a fan of Valentine’s Day or not, it may be an opportunity to express appreciation for those you care for. So, if you want, try to take this chance to show love for those around you. It might just be the thing they need.