The Upside Movie Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Upside Movie Review

The Upside is an inspiring true story about a man who could only move his head, which required that someone helped him perform in life.

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Hayden K., Writer

The Upside is an inspiring true story about a man who could only move his head, which required that someone helped him perform in life. With an 88% Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes, viewers seemed to enjoy the movie.

The Upside is based on the lives of an ex-convict and a multi-millionaire. Philippe Pozzo di Borgo decided to go paragliding in bad weather, where he fell to his paralyzation while his wife was in the hospital undergoing treatment for cancer. However, he continued to care for his wife until her death. Meanwhile, ex-convict Abdel Sellou was having trouble finding a job after a long sentence in prison. He wanted to see his son and needed signatures for job certifications, just to get a chance to see his son. He was in a pickle and had nowhere to live as his wife did not want him. He was desperate and needed to find a job. He wound up in an apartment that housed Philippe. Philippe met Sellou and asked him to be his caretaker. Abdel became very wealthy in his job and soon bought a home for his wife. They live on to this day and are still close friends.

This movie was spectacular and truly inspiring for quadriplegics and many others. The film had humor and several emotional moments. It was PG-13 for suggestive content and drug use. While the movie may not be kid-appropriate, it was an amazing and inspiring true-story about a friendship that will last forever.

About the Writer
Hayden K., Writer

Hayden loves education and his favorite subjects are math and social studies. Hayden wants to become a Sports Agent or a professional NBA player when he...

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Mary Poppins Returns

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Venom: Movie Review

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Dickey’s Barbecue Pit

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Mod Pizza

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Afters Ice Cream

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

The “Scoop” on Baskin-Robbins

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

The New Ubatuba Acai

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Avengers: Infinity War Movie Review

• The Upside Movie Review

Reviews

Black Panther Movie Review

The Upside Movie Review