Fear Of Rejection

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fear Of Rejection

Nobody likes you, rejection!

Nobody likes you, rejection!

Image credited to Tori D.

Nobody likes you, rejection!

Image credited to Tori D.

Image credited to Tori D.

Nobody likes you, rejection!

Roxy R., Writer

Rejection . . . to some people, it’s the worst thing in the world. It crushes their ego and they fall into a deep dark hole of self-loathing. Even the word rejection makes people feel negative emotions such as sadness, self-doubt, and anxiety which are some of the most common that come to mind. But why do we despise the idea of rejection so much?

To most people rejection is not something they stress about. They have other things to stress on, but others, rejection is on the top of their list. Rejection is not only in relationships but in everyday life situations. When you aren’t accepted in that top-notch college you applied for or a sports team you tried out for. Life is all about chance and taking risks. And with taking risks, comes rejection.

Students around the Day Creek campus were asked on their input of rejection. We asked of what they thought of the dreaded word.

“I hear the word rejection what comes to my mind is like not being wanted in a group or part of something,” said eighth-grader, Jimmy Z.

Rejection has been annotated as a negative thing. Rejection even has a bad tone to it and is often pushed away from conversations when heard. Some people even start to feel emotions thinking of the word.

“[The word reminds me of] disappointment . . . sad, just depressed,” said Jaymee L., a seventh grader here at Day Creek.

“I really don’t like the word rejection that much. I just hate it (because) of the annotation of it and what the word is used for,” said seventh-grader, J.T. H.

Most students who were interviewed wanted to push the idea of rejection away. Yet, people should embrace the idea of rejection and let it in our lives. Why fear something that helps us grow as a person and strengthen our exposure in life?

“In some ways (rejection) can (be positive), you can learn from your mistakes of choosing people you want to be with or you can learn on how to deal with it the next time,” said Samantha O., a seventh-grade student.

In other words, people should not fear rejection. It is a key part of our society today and is a part of life. It helps us grow and become stronger. Rejection is no monster to fear, embrace it.

About the Writer
Roxy R., Writer

Roxy is part of the 7th grade Journalism staff. She enjoys playing softball, drawing, and enjoying time with her friends.  Music is a big part of her...

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

Too Much Stress!

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

Anxiety

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

5 Things Day Creek Students Worry About

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

And Then There Were Two

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

Doubt

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

Kids Love These Videos!

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

3 DIY Life Hacks You Need To Try

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

Hidden Meanings In Logos

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

Growing Up As The Ninth Child

• Fear Of Rejection

Student Life

What Does That Say?

Fear Of Rejection