The Stage Is Set

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Stage Is Set

Just sit back and watch the football.

Just sit back and watch the football.

Image credited to Flickr.

Just sit back and watch the football.

Image credited to Flickr.

Image credited to Flickr.

Just sit back and watch the football.

Raghu C., Hayden K., and Dylan R.

After thirteen demanding weeks of college football, the National Championship playoff picture is set. Only Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma could run past the competition to the end zone.

The Crimson Tide, arguably the best college football team of all time, is back in the playoffs for the 5th straight year. The team has many weapons on offense and defense, such as Heisman finalist, Tua Tagovailoa, and defensive star, Quinnen Williams. The Tide are the favorites to win the semi-final Orange Bowl against the Oklahoma Sooners. The defending champions are also favored to repeat as the national champions.

The Clemson Tigers earned their 4th consecutive playoff berth with quarterback Trevor Lawrence and unbelievable running back Travis Etienne. The Tigers will hope to get to the National Championship for the third time in four years. But first, they’ll have to face the Irish, who are also undefeated in the regular season.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish made history on Sunday, December 1, earning their first College Football Playoff berth in the school’s history. The Irish presented themselves as a threat this year behind star quarterback, Ian Book, and running back, Dexter Williams. The Clemson Tigers stand in their path toward the National Championship. The teams will face off on December 29 in the Cotton Bowl.

The Oklahoma Sooners earned their second straight ride to the playoffs with a 4th seed, behind Heisman finalist Kyle Murray and their running back Rodney Anderson. The Sooners are the underdogs in their matchup against the top-seeded Crimson Tide. The Sooners took Georgia’s place in the playoff after a win against Texas.

With the regular season behind us, the future for these four teams all depends on 60 minutes of turf time. Will your team proudly hold up the College Football Championship Trophy on January 7, 2019?

About the Writers
Raghu C., Writer

Raghu is the sports writer for the Day Creek Howl. He loves watching and playing basketball. He’s also a Warriors fan. Raghu also likes football, though...

Hayden K., Writer

Hayden loves education and his favorite subjects are math and social studies. Hayden wants to become a Sports Agent or a professional NBA player when he...

Dylan R., Writer

Dylan is very serious about his education. One of his hobbies is football.  His favorite team is the Patriots and he hopes to become the best tight end...

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

The Second Round of the NBA Playoffs

• The Stage Is Set

Showcase

First Round Of The NBA Playoffs

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

The First Round Of The 2019 NFL Draft

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

NCAA Basketball National Championship

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Opinions On Kareem Hunt’s Suspension

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

The Perfect Bracket

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Mike Trout Signs Record-Breaking Extension With Angels

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Beckham To The Browns

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Antonio Brown Traded To The Oakland Raiders

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Hallelujah, More Football!

The Stage Is Set