The Stage Is Set

Just sit back and watch the football.

Image credited to Wikipedia.

Just sit back and watch the football.

Raghu C., Hayden K., and Dylan R.

After thirteen demanding weeks of college football, the National Championship playoff picture is set. Only Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma could run past the competition to the end zone.

The Crimson Tide, arguably the best college football team of all time, is back in the playoffs for the 5th straight year. The team has many weapons on offense and defense, such as Heisman finalist, Tua Tagovailoa, and defensive star, Quinnen Williams. The Tide are the favorites to win the semi-final Orange Bowl against the Oklahoma Sooners. The defending champions are also favored to repeat as the national champions.

The Clemson Tigers earned their 4th consecutive playoff berth with quarterback Trevor Lawrence and unbelievable running back Travis Etienne. The Tigers will hope to get to the National Championship for the third time in four years. But first, they’ll have to face the Irish, who are also undefeated in the regular season.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish made history on Sunday, December 1, earning their first College Football Playoff berth in the school’s history. The Irish presented themselves as a threat this year behind star quarterback, Ian Book, and running back, Dexter Williams. The Clemson Tigers stand in their path toward the National Championship. The teams will face off on December 29 in the Cotton Bowl.

The Oklahoma Sooners earned their second straight ride to the playoffs with a 4th seed, behind Heisman finalist Kyle Murray and their running back Rodney Anderson. The Sooners are the underdogs in their matchup against the top-seeded Crimson Tide. The Sooners took Georgia’s place in the playoff after a win against Texas.

With the regular season behind us, the future for these four teams all depends on 60 minutes of turf time. Will your team proudly hold up the College Football Championship Trophy on January 7, 2019?

About the Writers
Raghu C., Writer

Raghu is the sports writer for the Day Creek Howl. He loves watching and playing basketball. He’s also a Warriors fan. Raghu also likes football, though...

Hayden K., Writer

Hayden loves education and his favorite subjects are math and social studies. Hayden wants to become a Sports Agent or a professional NBA player when he...

Dylan R., Writer

Dylan is very serious about his education. One of his hobbies is football.  His favorite team is the Patriots and he hopes to become the best tight end...

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Trouble In Kansas City

• The Stage Is Set

Arts & Entertainment

#artistproblems

• The Stage Is Set

Big News

Tesla Making Moves

• The Stage Is Set

Student Life

Too Much Stress!

• The Stage Is Set

Reviews

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review

• Coyote News Network

12-10-18

• The Stage Is Set

Sports

Trouble In Kansas City

• The Stage Is Set

Big News

Former President George H. W. Bush Being Paid Last Respects By The Nation

• Coyote News Network

12-3-18

• The Stage Is Set

Big News

Southcentral Alaska Struck With 7.0 Earthquake

The Stage Is Set