Acting Tips

These+Coyotes+are+working+hard+to+get+a+spot+in+the+play.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Acting Tips

These Coyotes are working hard to get a spot in the play.

Image Credited to Tori D.

Image Credited to Tori D.

Image Credited to Tori D.

Emily H. and Abby S.

Working up the nerve to get up on stage and present yourself in front of a crowd is really stressful. Some people are fearless in calling attention to themselves in front of others – painfully embarrassing to those who’d rather curl up in a ball and cry before stepping on stage. If you are either of these types of people, there is always a way to overcome your struggles. The Howl got some advice from the students who recently auditioned for Peter Pan Jr, Day Creek Intermediate musical this year.

Fighting a serious case of the butterflies before getting on stage is completely natural, but some get more nervous than others, which is understandable. It is very scary, knowing that everyone is watching you, and messing up will reflect on you badly.

Also, just don’t doubt yourself. Be confident. You can do it. “If you don’t try, you are going to miss out on a great opportunity” said Demi G. And Demi is right. Being in the musical this year, it is just fantastic. It is an amazing experience.

If you don’t try, you are going to miss out on a great opportunity.”

— Demi G.

,

Forgetting your lines or dance choreography is always very stressful, especially when you are on stage. From prior experience, I found that it helps to study your lines with somebody else instead of just doing it alone. Have someone read the other parts so you can make sure your timing is right. And just practice. You need to practice in order to get better. Besides, if you don’t try, you never know what might happen.

“Just don’t give up,” said Verena G. If you give up on stage, it all really heads down hill, because it looks like you have no idea what the heck is even happening or  that you have no idea what you are doing.

Here are a couple of tips for people who are nervous about trying out for big or small roles:

• Please don’t forget to breathe. I’m serious. Fainting on stage is a big issue. And if you faint on stage but the rest of your audition is good, the directors will be uneasy about casting you, for fear you may do it again. So please, just remember to breathe.
  • Practice your lines in your head while waiting to go up on stage. It most likely will help boost your confidence, and knowing for sure what you are going to say (or sing) is a great plus.
  • And most importantly (And I know we sound like your mother.) don’t forget to have fun! That’s what it’s all about really right?

So just remember to try your best and have fun!

• Acting Tips

School News

The Renaissance Tailgate Event

• Acting Tips

School News

Halloween Bash 2018

• Acting Tips

School News

Lights! Camera! Action!

• Acting Tips

School News

Incoming!

• Acting Tips

School News

Step It Up’s BMX Show

• Acting Tips

School News

Beauty And The Beast Jr. Musical Review

• Acting Tips

School News

Will School Start Later?

• Acting Tips

School News

Naptime In Middle School?

• Acting Tips

School News

Missing Class For Assemblies

• Acting Tips

School News

Chances of Sleeping in an a Weekday

Acting Tips