Halloween Bash 2018

Image Credited to Mark Gossage

Ashima G. and Bryce P.

On Friday, October 26, Day Creek’s annual Halloween Bash took place. Kids buzzed with excitement throughout the day, waiting for the harmonious sound of the dismissal bell.

Right after school, students rushed to their locker rooms to change into their costumes.

While 6th graders enjoyed the haunted maze, 7th graders wolfed down pizza in the MPR, and 8th graders participated in fun activities such as the bean bag toss. The students that attended rotated activities and for the most part enjoyed themselves.

Nearly all of the students had dressed up; their costumes ranged from group costumes like M&M’s and social media apps, to blown up pineapples and dinosaurs. Cristian, a 7th grader,  dressed as Josh Dun from the band Twenty One Pilots. “He’s from one of my favorite bands,” said Cristian.

As usual, 8th grade leadership and DCIS staff created the haunted maze. Stretching from the beginning of the fitness lab to the connecting room that marked the end of it, the haunted maze seemed to go on forever. Throughout the maze, terrors and jump scares lay at every turn. “There was a light, and there was a person wearing blood all over her face and just talking about how if you go through [the maze] you’ll die.” said 7th grader Annabella. “I was terrified.”

Another favorite of the Bash was the games. “I liked the wheel one where you spin the wheel and you get candy.” said 7th grader Giselle. Every game gave away candy as is the tradition of the sugary holiday of Halloween.

When students weren’t running around with arms full of candy or screaming out of the haunted maze, they sat in the MPR where pizza and water was served. Students were able to enjoy pizza and chat while watching a movie.

All in all, everyone had a great time. So if you want a fun day filled with screams, candy, pizza, and more candy, make sure to go to next year’s Halloween Bash. You’re sure to have a blast!

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

The Renaissance Tailgate Event

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Lights! Camera! Action!

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Incoming!

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Step It Up’s BMX Show

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Beauty And The Beast Jr. Musical Review

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Will School Start Later?

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Naptime In Middle School?

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Missing Class For Assemblies

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Chances of Sleeping in an a Weekday

• Halloween Bash 2018

School News

Chick-fil-a Attendance Event was a Hit

Halloween Bash 2018