5 Things Day Creek Students Worry About

You+thought+middle+school+was+easy%2C+tough+luck.+

Image Credited to Tori D.

You thought middle school was easy, tough luck.

Andrew C., Writer

Waking up

You’ve had a great weekend hanging with your friends, eating food, and sleeping. Now comes Sunday, the day you have to sleep at your “bedtime.” Before sleeping, all you think about is the fun that you had before and hoping to do it again soon. The next morning, you’re woken up at 7:00 A.M. to go brush your teeth. Many students hate waking up on Monday morning, unprepared for another hard-working week.

Grades

Every single student constantly checks on a certain website, and that is none other than Aeries. We kids worry much about our grades to make sure we have a good future. Sometimes, we check it a little too much. Around the middle of the year, students go haywire if they see a missing assignment or a low GPA. Sure, grades do matter, but it’s not something to fear about when it’s the end of the world.

i-Ready

Every single student in Day Creek has to go through one test three times throughout the whole year: i-Ready. This certain test is so stressful to practically all students as it can affect where you are in P.A.C.K. This little test can either have a mild change, or a drastic change to your academic level. Many students rush the whole thing to get rid of the adrenaline of their mind. Most of the time, students decline from their current level, unless they are as lucky as Frane Selak.

Swamps of homework

Students usually come back from school so exhausted from all that hard work they just did. They’re ready to have an undisturbed nap, but of course that’ll never happen. Hours and hours of tiring homework that they don’t understand. Even after 2 hours of looking through online lessons, they’re stuck. Instead of staying up until midnight playing video games like in elementary, students are up all night studying for that math final.

Trying to fit in

Every year, there’s always that one “cool” group that everyone wants to get into. Multiple students try to find the good friends to keep during their year, however they also try to find the cool students. Especially in 6th grade, it’s very hard to fit in with everyone else in your grade, maybe even challenging. Very few students have the stiff feelings to just say, “Suit yourself” and move on. Not everyone has a perfect year with the perfect friends, but that’s what middle school is all about, right?