Gym-a-palooza

Mr. Apodaca and Mrs. Raymond have fun along with Day Creek students.

Isabelle P., Writer

Basketballs, volleyballs, ping-pong balls, and best of all, PIZZA! You know what we’re talking about, Gym-a-Palooza! The time-honored tradition that is way better than a dance. I mean, who wants to stand around wearing itchy ties and starched-solid dresses? So awkward! We’d much rather be chasing each other around in our sweaty clothes, with pizza stains dripping down our chins! Well, when you think about it, that’s kind of gross.

“I think it [is] a fun experience for people who are really, like, sporty,” said 6th grader, Noel Matton.

Students weren’t the only ones who enjoyed it.  There were plenty of teachers who came to participate in the fun.

“I think it’s great that all these kids get to come after school and play different sports,” said Ms. Pinkerton.

This year had a great turn-out. After inhaling the pizza and Gatorade, there were lots of activity choices. Kids could play ping-pong in the Fitness Lab, challenge Mr. Apodaca to a game of soccer or play volleyball in the gym. Basketball was on the hard courts and music was blasting from speakers. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, through fierce competition or simply chatting with friends.

And for those who that didn’t get a chance to go, don’t miss the opportunity next year. Gym-a-Palooza was an exciting afterschool activity for hanging out, pigging out, and just having fun.