Cold Shoulder From The ’70s

Is the cold shoulder returning from the dead?

Image credited to Ella D.

Image credited to Ella D.

Emily L., Writer

They’re everywhere. At Tilly’s, American Apparel and Hollister. The off-the-shoulder dresses, jumpers and shirts. Why has this popular trend exploded? Funny thing is, this fashion style was also “groovy”  in the ‘70s! So, what makes this style so in demand?  Like many other trends, it actually started on the catwalk. Sarah Tam is vice president of merchandising at Rent The Runway. She combs through fashion shows to pinpoint possible upcoming trends.  Tam said in the Washington Post after a fashion debut that, “Off-the-shoulder is going to be really big.”

Why is this trend so popular? “I don’t know many women who don’t like their shoulders,” says Brooke Jaffe, a fashion director at Bloomingdales.

This is true for many girls, which is what makes this type of clothing so popular.  Funny enough, this trend is already old news to fashionistas who follow every micro-shift in the fashion industry. But this style isn’t fading out anytime soon.

About the Writer
Emily L., Writer
Emily enjoys going anywhere in nature or isolation, especially near the mountains and water. She loves to read, dance and draw. She is slightly aggressive, but is usually passive. An ambivert at heart, she is also very good at keeping up a facade. Post Views: 275
Cold Shoulder From The ’70s