Texting After You Are Dead?

With today's technology, people who have already passed away may be able to send text messages their loved ones!

image credited to commons.wikimedia.org

image credited to commons.wikimedia.org

Hayden F., Writer

Have you ever wondered what will happen to you once you are dead? Is there an afterlife, or will nothing happen at all? It’s one of those weird thoughts that we wonder about. There are two apps that address the topic. SafeBeyond and My Goodbye Message allow you to text and send messages to your loved ones after you are gone.

Wait, what? Yes, it’s an authentic, interesting concept, right?. But there are some uses for this, like texting “Happy Birthday, Johnny” or “Clean your room, Johnny!” or even “Happy National Bacon Day, Johnny!” The possibilities are endless.

SafeBeyond is a non-profit organization that lets its users make digital time-capsules. Along with sending messages, they can also send videos and emails to anyone they would choose.

The creator of SafeBeyond didn’t just make up the company on the fly; he had to undergo some adversity. When Moran Zur was young, his father died. Later on in Zur’s life, he wished his dad could share his thoughts. Zur said, “He was a man of advice and I couldn’t hear his voice anymore.” In 2012, Zur’s wife was diagnosed with brain cancer and this inspired him to create SafeBeyond. He wanted his children to be able to know their mother after she died.

My Goodbye Message generates a digital “twin” that sends letters once the writer has passed. This application can communicate with unlimited contacts, and the same message to multiple people. It is a little more diverse than SafeBeyond.

However, My Goodbye Message isn’t the only system that has tried to do something like this. More than forty other sites have tried to do the same thing. However, many of these have gone to the business graveyard.

There are milestones such as weddings, graduations, etc. that people miss once they’ve passed away, but theses apps can make it seem like they are still with you.

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

What Is It With The Dab?

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

Top 10 Weirdest Mother’s Day Gifts

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

50 Things To Do When You’re Bored

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

Top 10 Crazy Easter Traditions From Around The World

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

Conspiracy Theories

• Arts & Entertainment

Academy Award Winners Of The Oscars

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

The Dark Side Of Nursery Rhymes

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

Top 10 Strangest Valentine’s Day Traditions

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

Top 10 Grossest Things In Beauty Products

• Texting After You Are Dead?

Arts & Entertainment

How To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse

Texting After You Are Dead?