2024 Super Bowl LVIII

The Kansas City Chiefs won Super Bowl LVIII at 25-22.
Credit to Deadline.

The must watch annual championship game where the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC) put up their best teams to play one another, to determine the winner. This event is known as the Super Bowl. The 2024 Super Bowl LVIII (LVIII is Roman Numerals for the number 58, which means it has been going on for 58 years) was held on February 11, 2024 at Las Vegas’s Allegiant Stadium.

The Allegiant Stadium is the home field of the Las Vegas Raiders and the Las Vegas Rebels college football team. It took 3 years to build the stadium and it officially opened on July 31, 2020. The stadium costed about $2.15 billion to construct. The Allegiant Stadium was chosen to host the Super Bowl LVIII on December 15, 2021 because the NFL (National Football League) decided to extend the regular season from 16 to 17 games which went into affect in 2021. Originally New Orleans was supposed to host Super Bowl LVIII, but due to the extension of the season it had a conflict with the New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebrations, so they will be hosting the 2025 Super Bowl. 

The Allegiant Stadium had an attendance of about 62,000 people and even more watching! This Super Bowl is the most-watched telecast in U.S. history with over 123 million viewers. This Super Bowl was also the most expensive Super Bowl in history. The pricing of the tickets at the Super Bowl LVIII ranged from about $2,000 to about $80,000! And if you were to rent a 20-person suite at the stadium during the Super Bowl it would cost about $1.8 million! 

The Kansas City Chiefs went up against the San Francisco 49ers, for the first half of the game the score was at 10 points for the 49ers and 0 points for the Chiefs. Then the Chiefs scored a field goal right before Halftime. The Halftime show included Usher, Alicia Keys, H.E.R, will.i.am, Ludacris, Jermaine Dupri, and Lil Jon. The game was tied at the end of the fourth quarter, so they went into overtime. Then at the end of the first quarter of overtime the Chiefs scored a touchdown putting the score at 25-22, making the Chiefs the winners. This is the Chiefs fourth win at the Super Bowl, but their second win in a row.