Kickball Tournament

Keira K.
Mr. Celis attempting to get that home run during the kickball tournament.

On November 17, the day of the annual teacher vs. students Kickball Tournament, teachers and students passed by each other, soon to be face-to-face on the field. Everyone looks forward to this yearly event because it provides a day of fun while being the last moment on campus before a week off for Thanksgiving.

“[I love it because] it is fun and interactive,” said Mya G.

Kickball rules generally follow baseball and softball rules, with the exception that the ball is kicked rather than struck with a bat.

This game is a fun game. But what makes this so highly anticipated?

“The kickball tournament is so special [because of] the tradition behind it and that the teachers can go against the students [which] is really funny,” said Janieric M.

There were other fun options this year alongside the kickball game including volleyball, 9 square, flag football, and more. Students were excited to have the time open to choose what they wanted to do.

“[I enjoyed] playing volleyball because it is fun to play, especially with friends,” said Elias R. 

“[I enjoyed] hanging out with my friends because it was fun to hang out with them and talk,” said Jayleene.

The minimum day’s activities were a huge success. Students appreciated the time with friends while playing kickball or whatever other games they chose. It’s simple to see why this is one of the most anticipated days on our school calendar. It was a great way to kick off Thanksgiving break!