Polls

Do you love State Testing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Fall band concert

Sydney N.
This is Atharv M., a trumpet player in the DCIS Band.

Lights beamed on the Los Osos stage, illuminating the Day Creek Intermediate bands. Music filled the theater, drawing the attention of everyone, mesmerizing the crowd with one engaging song after another.

On October 11, 2023, the Day Creek band played in the Los Osos theater for parents, students, and teachers. Their performance included songs from Beetlejuice, Phantom of the Opera and Creatures of the Attic.

“It’s nice to see how the sixth graders have learned their music so well at such a young age,” said Marlene T., a parent of sixth grade band student Brooke T. “It’s very special to me.”

Students worked hard and practiced in preparation for the fall concert, and they played beautifully, showing that their hard work paid off.

“[The concert] was amazing. It’s cool to see the different levels of music from different grades and how good the teacher is working with each instrument and how she puts everything together,” said audience member Gilbert L.

Band students also enjoyed their concert.

“I was very excited,” said sixth grade band student Allison Z. ”I just felt very nervous at the beginning. It was very fun.”

The band concert is a calendared way for our musicians to showcase their skills.

“[The concert] was an exhilarating experience. I could really get into the motion of the piece. The sadness of the Phantom, the love that Cristine had, and “All I Ask of You” is just a beautiful experience,” said eighth grade band student Ruiee S. It was [special to me], especially “Moscow”. It does not only tell the story of the Moscow fight, but it’s also the story of a young soldier to me who’s first going into battle, who feels the fear but later finds his courage.”

Despite their nerves, each band produced an enjoyable performance for the audience. Next up is the Winter Concert in December. The Howl can’t wait to attend.