7th Grade Survivor Ball

December 21, 2019

Shivani R.

The Bouncing Balls of Fury hoped to redeem themselves after their 6th Grade Defeat.

After a year of experience, the seventh graders came in with confidence. But then again, you never know who will win when participating in the Survivor Ball tournament. 

One of the teams that thought for sure they had it in the bag was the Defending Champs. They won the finals last year. But they lost to the RIP Juicy Boi in the second round. The Dodging Daddies, RIP Juicy Boi, Bouncing Balls of Fury, and Toilet Paper all made it to the semifinals.

The semifinal matches for the boys involved RIP Juicy Boi vs. Dodging Daddies and the Burning Balls of Fury vs. Team Toilet Paper. The Dodging Daddies vs. RIP Juicy Boi was a very close game. Paxton P. made the winning catch and eliminated the last RIP Juicy Boi. Team Toilet Paper went on the offense in the first ten seconds, but the Burning Balls stood their ground and won when Owen N. caught the winning ball. The finals for the boys included the Dodging Daddies and the Burning Balls of Fury. 

On the girls’ side, last year’s champions, the Weirdos 2.0, went against The Crazy Cowboys. 

The Weirdos’ throws were hard and fast. In the final few seconds, it was two Weirdos vs. one Crazy Cowboy. The Trenta no whip half-cap double shot espresso 10 pumps raspberry light ice won the match against The Warriors with four against two. The Weirdos 2.0 and the Trenta no whip half-cap double shot espresso ten pumps raspberry lite ice competed with each other for the championship. 

Everyone in the bleachers watched carefully as the championships began. The girls’ round began first. The Weirdos began by grabbing the balls first and backing up, while the Trenta team played offensively. The Weirdos came out quickly with a seven to one lead and defeated the Trenta no whip half-cap double shot espresso ten pumps raspberry light ice by getting Natalie C. out. The Weirdos returned to their seats with everyone in the gym cheering for them. 

Shivani R.
The Weirdos pose after winning the 7th Grade Girls Survivor Ball Tournament.

The Dodging Daddies were called out first when they played the Burning Balls of Fury. The teams were neck and neck by stalling and dodging most of the game. Then at 0:49 seconds, Paxton P. got hit and the Bouncing Balls of Fury won. They were congratulated by the huddling boys in the bleachers and cheering students and staff. 

After a year of experience, the Seventh-grade Survivor Ball was intense. Who knows how it will turn out next year with a second year of competition?

The Day Creek Howl • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in