Dr. Judson

May 24, 2022

Etiwandas superintendent, Dr. Judson, is also retiring after 20 years in his position.

Emily L. and Kaitlyn M.

Etiwanda’s superintendent, Dr. Judson, is also retiring after 20 years in his position.

Etiwanda’s superintendent, Dr. Judson, is also retiring after 20 years in his position. He started in 1987 at Windrows Elementary, teaching for six years before becoming an assistant principal, principal, principal, and Administrator of Personnel. Many unexpected challenges have come his way, yet he has found his career to be memorable and enjoyable. 

“I really enjoy the challenges, even though it has been super challenging during the Covid pandemic. People say ‘Oh gosh, it has been so horrible for the schools and the districts to keep the students and the staff safe.’ To me, looking back, it has just been really showing the strengths of our district, in the way we work together and put the needs of our students first,” Dr. Judson said. 

Those trials reflect the district’s resilience. Teachers and staff members have struggled through hardship with the support of the Etiwanda community. 

“I am so grateful for the wonderful support we get from our families. You go to events at schools, and it is always crowded and there is never parking. Student’s families all just do a great job supporting and helping us work together to make sure kids have a great education,” he said. 

The encouragement and support from the Etiwanda families and staff have helped the district receive multiple awards.

“I think there have been a lot of exciting moments. Every time a school is recognized or honored, that is very exciting. Day Creek being our first ever school to win a National Blue Ribbon School, followed by Lightfoot. Those were certainly very exciting times. Whenever we open up a new school or new facility, all that work and planning [pays off] when you see kids at school,” said Dr. Judson. 

The Howl wishes well for all the teachers who have paved the way for the next generation. Finishing the last chapter in a good book is always a hard thing to do, but a new book is coming! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication! We will deeply miss you!

The Day Creek Howl • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in