Teacher Arrested at Aliso Niguel High School

Aliso Niguel High School faces a frightening experience with substitute teacher, James Setterholm.

ocregister

Troy S., Writer

This Wednesday at Aliso Niguel High School, at around 4 P.M, 69-year-old James Setterholm, a substitute teacher, was arrested by the police and charged with making criminal threats. The conflict started when a student in the substitute’s class arrived late after visiting the school nurse’s office. The student approached the class without a late slip/permission slip. That’s when Setterholm began yelling at the student for coming without a late slip and continued cursing the whole class. Video from CBS news shows Setterholm aggressively screaming at the students and ending up saying multiple threats such as harming or killing them. Students were able to alert a school staff member of the rogue substitute. Soon after the cops were called at around 12:20 P.M, where students reported being on lockdown while the armed cops roamed the school. A parent says that the substitute was arrested and escorted from the school at about 4 P.M after being tackled by the police. After he was taken by the police, students were given the choice to either stay at school or be picked up. A student from ANHS that was in the classroom at that time said, They were saying it wasn’t a drill. It wasn’t a drill. We were all just panicking around the classroom.”