The Truth About Friday’s Rally

The other classes plan to sabotage Mr. Henry's class, and hopefully, an ambulance won't be needed.

image credited to flickr.com

Anjali M., Writer

Every year, Day Creek Intermediate School hosts an annual rally, a competition between the four P.E. classes, where one class emerges triumphant. This year’s rally took an unexpected twist.

Last year, Mr. Henry’s class achieved three victories. This year, Mrs. Rose, Mr. Nemecek, and Mr. Ornelas were attempting to stop this from happening again. They planned to sabotage Mr. Henry’s class at any cost.

“My class has to win! I will do whatever it takes to make Mr. Henry’s class lose,” said Emeralda P. from Mr. Nemecek’s class.     

Students from Mrs. Rose, Mr. Nemecek, and Mr. Ornelas’s class talked amongst one another and decided to team up.

For the obstacle course, those opposing Henry’s classes sent the lightest participating member to piggyback on the Henry participant, letting the two other students race to the finish. The rules for the obstacle course permitted any method of slowing down another student.

“It’s simple, I will just jump on the participant and have a ride! The rules say once I have jumped on, the participant can’t shake me off!  This ride is way better than winning the rally,” said Jenaiah A., a member of Mrs. Rose’s class. “After all, if you’re not cheating, you’re not trying!”

Anti-Henry classes also schemed to sabotage both bobsledding competitions.

Samantha S., from Mr. Ornelas’s class, said, “We won’t be too mean to Mr. Henry’s class. We will just pull on the back of their bobsled to make them fall. It should be a quick and easy win! The floor has a little rubber over that concrete.  And if there is any injury – that’s why we have a school nurse, right?”
Students from Mrs. Rose, Mr. Nemecek, and Mr. Ornelas’s classes were anxious to see the results for the rally. Most of them couldn’t predict who was going to win, but they definitely knew who was going to lose.

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Chives

Roller Backpack Ban

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Chives

Website Crashes Due to Anti-Spyware Alert

• Chives

What’s The Purpose Of Using Two Mops To Clean In The Cafeteria?

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Chives

Disneyland SOLD Due To 8th Grade Field Trip Cancellation

• Coyote News Network

May 22, 2017

• Coyote News Network

Thank You

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Chives

Roller Backpack Ban

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Opinion

Skate Express? Knott’s Berry Farm? Really?

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Arts & Entertainment

Top 10 Weirdest Mother’s Day Gifts

• The Truth About Friday’s Rally

Editor's Notes

My Middle School Legacy

The Truth About Friday’s Rally